Updated Information and Reminders as of 3/23/2020
Release Date: March 23, 2020
Tax Appeal Deadline Extended:
- The deadline to file property tax appeals has been extended to either May 1, 2020 or 30 days following after the Governor declares that the State of Emergency under Executive Order #103 has ended, whichever is later
Federal Income Tax Filing:
- The date to file your income taxes has been extended to July 15th.
Drive Through Testing in Paramus:
- Please note, the drive through testing center at Bergen County Community College The hours are from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Pre-registration is not required
- I.D. for County Residence
- Must show symptoms to be tested. This includes:
- Fever of 99.6 or higher
- Respiratory symptoms or shortness of breath
- There are a limited number of tests and therefore healthcare workers have priority.
- What to expect:
- Long wait times
- Restrooms not available
- Drive through secured area. Please remain in vehicle.
- Bring water/whatever items you will need while waiting
- Media presence
- Testing includes nasal swab
- If you do not meet the symptoms criteria, you will be turned away
- How to Get Results:
- You will receive instructions about what to do while you wait for test results and how to get your test results
- Why was I turned away?
- At the two above sites, you must have the listed symptoms
- At other sites, you may be required to have a testing prescription also
NJ Transit Operating Normally:
- NJ Transit has announced that the NJ Transit Buses will still be operating on normal schedules until further notice.
Evictions and Foreclosures Suspended:
- As a result of Executive Order #106, evictions and foreclosures are suspended.
Reminder – COVID-19 Hotline:
- The State of NJ has instituted a new hotline for COVID-19 questions and information. Dial 2-1-1.